Yes. All Government deductors are also required to quote the TAN on their TDS / TCS / Annual Information Returns.

Following are the different types of deductors who needs to obtain TAN for deduction/collection of tax under the income tax act: 

1. Central Government
2. State Government
3. Statutory body (Central Govt.)
4. Statutory body (State Govt.)
5. Autonomous body (Central Govt.)
6. Autonomous body (State Govt.)
7. Local Authority (Central Govt.)
8. Local Authority (State Govt.)
9. Company
10. Branch / Division of Company
11. Association of Person (AOP)
12. Association of Person (Trust)
13. Artificial Juridical Person
14. Body of Individuals
15. Individual/HUF
16. Firm