Problem Description : Facing issue while registration of Digital Signature Certificate on Income Tax Portal and getting the error as " Invalid Digital Signature Certificate. The trusted Parent Certificate could not be verified."
Corrective Action: Following are the possible solutions:
1. In case you are using Internet Explorer - Go to "Tools", under "Internet Options", click on "security" tab. Change the Security level to "Low" or lowest possible. Now try uploading DSC. It works
2. In case of Mozilla Firefox - Go to "Tools", click on "Add-ons". Go to "Plugins' tab. There, "enable" Java(TM) Platform. Once u enable, u can submit the form with DSC and this works.
3. In case of Google Chrome - Try clearing all the history from chrome and clear cache and cookies as well and then try uploading DSC.
You can use the following steps for clearing history, Cache and cookies in chrome
- Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner).
- Select History
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side. Set the Time Range set to All Time. Check-mark Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files and select Clear Data.
- Close and re-open Chrome to save your changes