The advance tax/self assesment tax calculated needs to be deposited with the Income Tax Department.
To make the advance tax payment online
- Step 1: Visit the TIN NSDL e-payment portal.
- Step 2: Select Challan No./ ITNS 280 > Proceed
- Step 3: Select the tax applicable as (0021) Income Tax(Other than Companies)
- Step 4: Select the Type of payment as (100) Advance Tax / (300) Self Assessment Tax
- Step 5: Select Mode of Payment and Name of Bank
- Step 6: Enter PAN and select the Assessment Year
- Step 7: Enter other personal details
- Step 8: Enter the Captcha Code > Proceed
- Step 9: Verify the details that were entered > Submit to the bank
- Step 10: Now you can log in to the net banking account of your bank to make the payment.
Once you make the payment, you will get a challan counterfoil with Bank details.
Note: Save the challan counterfoil for future reference.