Once all the incomes and taxes paid are reported while preparing an income tax return, you shall see the option for the payment of taxes.
If there still remains any outstanding tax liability, you are required to clear your tax dues in order to proceed to e-file the return.
On Quicko, you can make the tax payment and clear your tax dues in 2 ways:
- Pay via Quicko
- Pay via TIN-NSDL
To pay your tax dues via Quicko
- In the Filing tab, navigate to REVIEW > TAX COMPUTATION from the side nav
- Click on Pay via Quicko
- Enter the Email ID & Mobile number
- Review the summary screen once
- Choose the payment method
- Make the payment
- Upon successful payment, you will receive a challan on the Email ID entered while making the payment.
Once your tax dues are paid via Quicko, your challan details are automatically added on Quicko under Tax Credits > Taxes paid by you
To pay your tax dues via TIN-NSDL
- In the Filing tab, navigate to TAX CREDITS from the side nav
- Click on Pay via TIN-NSDL
- Follow the steps to Deposit the tax online
- Enter the following details on Quicko under Tax Credits > Taxes paid by you
- BSR Code
- Challan No.
- Amount Deposited
- Date of Payment
Once you've added the information, your tax liability shall be NIL and you can proceed to e-file your return.
You need not add the challan details manually if you have uploaded Form 26 AS.
However, it takes about 3-5 working days for the amount to be reflected in the Form 26AS.