JSON is a file format.
Starting AY 2021-22, taxpayers must furnish their ITR in JSON format & upload the same on Income Tax Portal.
Quicko is a registered ERI with Income Tax Department & can help you E-File your ITR. This means you do not have to download ITR JSON & upload the same on the income Tax portal, Quicko does this automatically for you.
In case you need a JSON file, you can download the JSON file from Quicko and move forward with your return.
Steps to e-file ITR using ITR JSON
1. Steps on Quicko
- Prepare Income Tax Return on Quicko
- Navigate to E-File from the side nav
- Click on Download ITR JSON
2. Steps on the Income Tax Portal
- Login to your ITD account using PAN & Password
- Navigate to E-File > Income Tax Returns > File Income Tax Returns
- Choose Assessment Year, Filing Type (Original/Revised/Updated/Belated), ITR Form
- Upload ITR JSON
- Click on Submit & Confirm
Here's a complete read on filing your ITR using the JSON on the Income Tax Portal.