A taxpayer gets the above error when the original ITR has been filed within/after the due date of filing the return of the particular assessment year, and the taxpayer is filing ITR for the second time.
In such a situation, the taxpayer can File a Revised Return on Quicko and proceed to e-file the ITR.
To resolve such an error on Quicko
- Login to Quicko
- In the Filing tab, navigate to ADDITIONAL DETAILS from the side nav
- Click on Revise Return > Revising on your own
- Enter the required details
- Original Acknowledgment Number
- The Original Date of Filing ITR
- Click on Save
- Navigate to E-File from the side nav and file ITR again
Note: A taxpayer can file only one ITR u/s 139(1), after that if the taxpayer wants to file an ITR again, he needs to file a revised return u/s 139(5)